The photographs must accurately reflect the theme, “Reveal the Silk Roads”, through representations of culture, monuments, landscape, and people.
- The contest will culminate with an awards ceremony, with three winners being selected from each category.
- First place winners will receive a professional camera.
- Second place winners will receive a semi-professional camera, and the prize for third place will be a standard-model digital camera.
- In addition, winners will receive an all-expenses-paid a trip to the ceremony.
- Those under 17 years of age may be accompanied by one other family member, courtesy of UNESCO.
- A traveling exhibition of fifty photos which best represent the spirit of the contest will start its tour in UNESCO HQ in Paris, before traveling to other countries.
- To commemorate the occasion, these exceptional photographs will ultimately appear in a professionally bound collection of printed images.
The photography contest is open to everyone between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence, except employees of UNESCO and the donor, China World Peace Foundation, and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses).
There will be two categories:
- 14 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
To participate, minors must provide written permission from their legal guardian(s):
“I, the undersigned Mr/Ms “full name” legal representative of “full name”, authorize him/her to participate in the photography contest “Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads” which runs from 11 April to 15 July 2018. I read and agreed to the terms of rules
Signed “City”, the “Date” Signature
No minors’ participation will be accepted by the Organization without their written permission.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.