Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), an international organization affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the call for application for the Shiraz OIC Youth Capital 2017, Y – SHIRAZ 2nd OIC Youth Capital Film Festival issued by the hosts of the “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017” international programme. The Contest aiming to bring together young filmmakers from the OIC geography and Award Ceremony will be held in the city of Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI).
The Festival’s Main Objectives:
- Expanding and valuing short films in three documentaries, narrative
(fictional) and animated forms.
- Highlighting the necessity of developing short films in Islamic
- Supporting production of short films which revolve around Peace and
- The Festival’s Best Film: The Festival’s Statue (Cypress Statue, the Symbol of Shiraz City) – Honorary Diploma- $1000 Cash prize
- The Best Documentary Film: Honorary Diploma- $1500 Cash prize
- The Best Narrative (Fictional) Film: Honorary Diploma- $1500 Cash prize
- The Best Animated Film: Honorary Diploma- $1500 Cash prize
- All the works should be uploaded in the form of data file with acceptable formats including mp4, m4v (MPEG-4) – WMV (Windows Media Video) – MKV (Matroska Video Container). Short films with running time ranging from 100 seconds to 15 minutes may be involved in the festival.
- The festival’s secretariat bears no responsibility towards damages to works due to failed submission or uploading on the part of participants.
Contributions must have a title and include :
- A short explanation, using a maximum of 150 characters,
- Country of origin
- Country of filming
- Compeltion date
- Shooting format
- Film language (If a film contains dialogues, it is strongly suggested that English subtitle be included as the festival is not responsible for providing it.)
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or license infringement. Submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to laws or regulations.
for more info click here