The University of Surrey is inviting applications for Visiting International Fellowship for the year 2019. This International Fellowship is an exciting opportunity for scholars to visit the Department, contribute to its academic life and form new collaborations. The key purpose of the Visiting International Fellowship (VIF) is to foster the development of sociological and/or criminological research, including, but not limited to, social research methods. The VIF is intended for established scholars, who are normally at least 5 years post-doctorate. The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and professional success.
- International students are eligible to apply for this visiting fellowship;
- Applicants will normally hold, or recently have held, an established academic appointment in social science. The International Fellowship committee regrets that it cannot consider applications from candidates seeking training or the updating of methodological skills. Proposals for collaborative research with members of the Department of Sociology are especially welcome;
- The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above;
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database;
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements;
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements;
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature;
- A level in English Language or English Literature;
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3);
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme;
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course;
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course;
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course;
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English;
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
An award of GBP 2,500 will be made as a contribution towards travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses incurred in holding this International Fellowship.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.