The UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme provides an opportunity for registered doctoral students to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their own research work. It also allows the students to work with researchers sharing the same field of interest.
UNU-WIDER receives receive online applications twice each year and selected candidates get to spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER, and during their stay there, they will prepare one or more research papers, that they will present in the seminar allotted to discuss their research findings.
Candidates working in any field of social sciences, other than economics may also apply here, given that, they should keep in mind about UNU-WIDER being an economics-focused institute.
The participants shall gain the following benefits:
- Utilize the resources and facilities of UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research on developing economies,
- Chance to work with researchers in areas of mutual interest
- Opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series
To apply, the candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a PhD programme
- Capable of conducting research on developing economies
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills
Individuals working in other social sciences may also apply. However, as UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute, individuals related to this field will get more preference.
Eligible Regions: Open for All