Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peacebuilding. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are inspiring individuals working together to build a better tomorrow in some of the world’s most fragile areas.
- The winners will receive global publicity and cash prizes.
- The previous prize winners have worked with ex-child soldiers in Uganda, young people in Israel-Palestine, villagers hit by drug wars in Colombia, tribal groups in Papua New Guinea and more.
- $10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities.
- 5 years free membership of the Alliance for Peacebuilding.
- Promotion of their work online, including on the Peace Insight and Peace Direct websites and newsletters.
- An all-expenses-paid trip to the award ceremony at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.
- They are looking for photos that illustrate the theme of ‘local peacebuilding’. $1,000 will be awarded to the winning entry.
There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organization will be either a peacebuilding organization or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based: your organization must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organization should be an independent organization (not the local office of an international organization)
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or nonviolent action
Eligible Regions: Open for All.