Deadline: January 31, 2017
The Thomson Reuters Foundation Fellowship, founded in 1983, offers an opportunity for experienced journalists wishing to undertake research projects on a variety of subjects. Approximately 6 Thomson Reuters Fellows study each year on fully-funded Fellowships for three or six months (one or two terms). Fellows receive a modest living allowance of £1,500 per month. Thomson Reuters Fellows are drawn from dozens of countries around the world from both print and broadcast media.
- Mid-career journalists from any country in the world are eligible.
- You must have a minimum of five years’ experience working as a journalist in any specialism. In rare cases we will consider you if you have less than five years’ journalistic experience, but you must be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise.
- You will be able to demonstrate a level of English that allows you to participate fully in the programme and write a research paper of publishable quality.
- You will be given priority if you’re proposing a research project within one of the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism’s areas of focus. More details on what these areas are can be found here.
- If your first language is not English, you must supply suitable evidence (an original certificate that is not more than two years old and issued by the responsible body) that you have reached the relevant standard. Please click here for more information.
Applications should be made using the online application form. This will be made available once the call for applications has been made.
If you have any queries regarding the fellowship programme or application process please first check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Please review the following steps to ensure the complete and timely submission of your application:
- Make sure you are eligible to apply
- Decide which fellowship funding you will apply for.
- Check the application deadlines.
- Check which application materials you need to prepare.
- Write the required research proposal and personal statement.
- Choose your work samples.
- Ask 2 people to write letters of recommendation.
- Complete the online application form, remembering to attach all the required application materials.
For more information, visit THOMSON REUTERS FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP.