With the belief that lack of finances should not deter a talented student from applying to a U.S. university, the Opportunity Funds Program funds selected up-front costs associated with applying to U.S. colleges and universities. The Opportunity Funds Program will NOT fund the costs associated with attending U.S. colleges and universities. Therefore, this program is targeted toward students with excellent academic records and high chances of being awarded full funding from U.S. colleges and universities. Only students with demonstrated financial need – those who cannot afford to pay the up-front costs of applying to U.S. colleges – are eligible for the Opportunity Funds Program.
Students selected for the Opportunity Funds Program will be supported for the following expenses incurred while applying to U.S. colleges or universities:
TOEFL and SAT/ ACT registration fees.
College and university application fees.
Postage/courier fees for dispatching college and university applications.
U.S. student visa fees and SEVIS fees.
Travel to a testing center or U.S. Embassy (for students from outside the Kathmandu Valley).
The Opportunity Funds Program supports students applying to enroll in the undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree at an accredited U.S. college or university. The program does NOT support transfer students or students applying at the graduate (i.e. Master’s or Ph.D.) level. Eligible students should be applying to enroll at a U.S. institution in the Fall 2019 semester.
Opportunity Funds Program applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Demonstrated financial need.
– Outstanding academic records.
– 80% or higher (pre-2016) or 3.60 or higher (2016) on SLC in Nepal.
– Completed Class 11 (or first year of A-Levels, or equivalent) and currently enrolled in Class 12 (or final year of A-Levels, or equivalent) with scheduled completion by summer 2018; or completed Class 12 (or equivalent).
– Applying for the undergraduate degree for Fall semester of 2019 at an accredited college or university in the United States.
For more information/To Apply click here