Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei.
Taipei City Government has been devoted to shaping Taipei into a city with design visions and has been encouraging designers to contemplate on the meaning of design, to see design as a problem-solving tool, that is, to solve problems inevitably faced by the general public, the society or the city, and to further present Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”.
Entries are grouped into three main categories: Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, and Public Space Design.
- Industrial Design：
Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- Visual Communication Design：
Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing (including digital printing) etc.
- Public Space Design：
Open space provided for public use, government buildings and certain private establishments.
- Aside from the cash prize, the Taipei City Mayor Award /Golden/Silver/Bronze/ico-D Special/IFI Special/Judges’ Special/Social Design Award/Applied Design Award/Inclusive Design Award winners will also receive a trophy and a certificate of recognition; the Sponsors, Distinction, and People’s Choice Awards will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The names of all the winners will be announced on the official website to allow businesses to contact them for future design projects.
- Discover creative designs with business potential.
- Develop a passion for creativeness and design.
- Everyone around the world is welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as the main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after June 30, 2016.
Eligible Regions: Open for all