Warm greetings from ASEAN Youth Initiative Conference! AYIC is pleased to inform you about our upcoming conference. The ASEAN Youth Initiative Conference (AYIC) is an international conference for ASEAN youth to channel their aspirations in facing global issues, especially in achieving Sustainable Development Goals initiated by Padjadjaran University students. AYIC invites the best youth from ASEAN member countries to present the result of their research related to the four points of Global Development Objectives raised by AYIC and to conduct intensive discussions with experts. The best research papers of each topic will be published through social media, while the results of the conference discussion will be poured into a recommendation and action plan for the stakeholders in the related SDGs. AYIC will be held on September 10-13 in Bandung, Indonesia. In its third year of implementation of the theme “Timely Action for Sustainable ASEAN”, AYIC raised four points from the Sustainable Development Goals that will be discussed in four discussion groups:
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 7: Affordable & Clean Energy
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- SDG 14: Life Below Water
The prodigious advantages that will you get while joining AYIC:
1. Connect with like-minded community across ASEAN
2. Develop your paper writing skills through our ingenious Essay Clinic
3. Gain insights from first-hand experience in succeeding the SDGs privately in our Experts 101 Session
4. Develop problem-solving skills by tackling ASEAN’s real problems 5. Create real impact and stand a chance to have your essay as policy recommendation If you want to create real impact and take part in creating sustainable ASEAN
- The scholarship program are based on merit
- Awardees are required to participate in all AYIC 2018’s series of event
- Awardees are required to create a technical framework to implement AYIC action plan their respective country by the end of the conference
- The scholarship will cover the following for the duration of the conference:
- Full participation to the conference’s series of event (Opening Ceremony, Seminar, Paper Presentation, Initiative Forum Discussion, Paper Clinic, Expert 101, Field Trip + Dinner, Social Night, Public Conference, Cultural Night)
- Food & Beverages through conference’s series of event
- Conference kit + field trip starter pack
Delegation must be 18-25 years old.
Delegation must possess citizenship and an active passport of ASEAN member states.
Delegation must acquire proficiency in English.
Delegation must be physically and mentally healthy.
Delegation is required to pay for the registration fee and their own travel fare to the conference
Delegation must have strong interest and in-depth understanding on Sustainable Development Goals.
Delegation must be willing to cooperate and open to ideas from other delegations.
Delegation must possess the skill of finding a middle ground in order to achieve solutions that are acceptable of all parties, and all that constitutes a definite improvement on the current situation.
Delegation must be capable of bringing inspiration, information, and action plans resulted in the conference back to their state, and passing them on to others through talks, reports, news, stories, campaigns, etc.
Delegation must be available to participate in the full length of the forum in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
Eligible Regions: ASEAN Countries