12 PhD positions are open at BRIC, University of Copenhagen (UCPH) for talented young researchers who want to pursue a PhD degree in life sciences. The scheme is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement no. 801481.
iMED offers 36 months fellowships, attractive employment conditions at BRIC and enrolment as a PhD-student at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences, UCPH. Each PhD student will work with an original interdisciplinary research project, developed jointly by the student and supervisor in one of BRIC’s 24 laboratories.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
- The programme is open for motivated researchers with a Master degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field and a maximum of three years of experience since issuing of the degree at the time of application. Applicants with an MD can have up to five years of experience. Prolonged career breaks are taken into account (parental leave, illness, military- or civil service);
- Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline;
- Applicants must have good English skills.
Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around EUR 3,400, plus pension.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter);
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records (MSc and BSc);
- List of 1-2 referees (template available on www.imed.ku.dk to be used);
- Mobility Declearation (template available on www.imed.ku.dk to be used);
- Documentation for Career Breaks (if any);
- Other relevant information for consideration.
For more information, please visit the official web page.