The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) represents the world’s commitment to universal ideals of human dignity. They have a unique mandate from the international community to promote and protect all human rights. OHCHR advertises for specific internship opportunities.
Internships for graduate students are available at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR). These internships are intended to: increase the intern’s understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give them an insight into the work of the United Nations and OHCHR in particular; and provide OHCHR and the United Nations Human Rights mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding young students or graduates.
Interns can apply for any regular or temporary position with the United Nations at the end of the internship. Check the official website for more.
- (a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in 3.1 (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, as provided for in section 11.4 of the present instruction.
- You are able to obtain the necessary visa and to arrange your travel to the United Nations.
- You are able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses of the internship (approx. 1.800 chf/month).
- If selected, you will be able to prove valid medical insurance coverage for your stay in Switzerland, provide a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and prove your enrolment in graduate studies.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2017
For more information, click here.