Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) is an autonomous apex body established in 1982 to promote science and technology in the country. The Academy is entrusted with four major objectives: advancement of science and technology for all-round development of the nation; preservation and further modernization of indigenous technologies; promotion of research in science and technology; and identification and facilitation of appropriate technology transfer.Most of the people Nepal caries android phone and due to this shift of carrying device, the medium to reach to people must have to change. For this NAST must have to have its own NAST android mobile application.
In regular consultation with NAST and primary investigators, the participants will be primarily responsible for developing mobile application and integrating further feedback into the application’s development after it has been tested with the target beneficiaries. The firm or S/he should have in-depth expertise on the development of mobile applications and should have sound knowledge on the needs of citizens of Nepal in adopting and further utilizing the mobile application. The firm or S/he will work closely with the NAST Focal Program Officer.
Specific Tasks: The participants will have the overall responsibility for delivery of outputs as defined in this ToR.
- Expertise Requirement:
- Progressive experience of working in the development of mobile applications
- Capacity to understand the needs of NAST for the app’s development
- Understanding and vision of how the app will be used to engage citizen and scientists
- Knowledge, understanding and ability of working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent Nepali and English language skills (with proven grammatical writing ability)
Prize Winner Team will be awarded Nrs.1,00,000(One Lakh) along with certificate of appreciation.
For more information,click here.