The Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 will take place in Beijing and Zhangjiakou in 2022. Athletes, coaches, and reporters from all over the world will happily gather in Beijing to celebrate this global sports gala, while billions of people will watch the Games in the venues or via television and digital media. Hosting a fantastic, extraordinary and excellent edition of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games will leave precious cultural and sport legacies for Beijing, China and the Olympic and Paralympic Movements.
The Mascots for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 (hereinafter referred to as the “Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot” and “Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot”, respectively, or collectively, “Mascots”) shall be an important part of the Look of the Games for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022.
To ensure that the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot perfectly combine global, national, artistic, and innovative elements, the Beijing Organizing Committee for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (hereinafter referred to as “Beijing 2022″) hereby globally requests Design Proposals for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot (hereinafter referred to as “Design Proposal”) on August 8, 2018. (The said request hereinafter referred to as “Request”).
Beijing 2022 welcomes all natural persons, legal persons and other organizations (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”) that are interested in designing the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot to actively participate in the Request and contribute their wisdom and creativity to the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Beijing 2022.
Qualification of the participants:
All natural persons, legal persons and other organizations that are interested in designing the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot and willing to comply with all requirements of the Request may individually or jointly participate in the Request and submit the Design Proposal.
Procedures and Prizes for the Request
1. Beijing 2022 will release the Request Document lately., Then the Participants may download the Request Document on the official website of Beijing 2022 (www.beijing2022.cn).
2. The Participants shall prepare the Design Proposal as per the requirements of the Request Document and ensure that Beijing 2022 receives the Design Proposal after the starting time of receiving Design Proposal and before the deadline of receiving. Beijing 2022 will not return any and all of the Design Proposals.
3. The review committee of the Request will review the Design Proposal(s) that have passed the formal review. The review committee will conduct the following reviews:
(1) Determine the Design Proposals that can enter the second round of selection: There shall be no more than 100 of Design Proposals (each shall include the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot) in the second round;
(2) Determine no more than 10 Design Proposals from the Design Proposals that enter the second round, and submit such Design Proposals to Beijing 2022 for a final decision.
4. The Design Proposal of the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot shall be finally approved by Beijing 2022, the International Olympic Committee, and the International Paralympic Committee.
5. A total prize of RMB 10,000 (before tax) will be granted to the Participant for each of the 10 shortlisted Design Proposals submitted to Beijing 2022 for final decision by the review committee. Each of the Participants of the top three Design Proposals will receive a prize of RMB 30,000 (before tax). The Participant of the final winning proposal will receive a prize of RMB 100,000 (before tax) for the design of the Beijing 2022 Olympic Mascot and a prize of RMB100,000 (before tax) for the design of the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Mascot. The aforesaid three prizes shall not be accumulated.
If any above Design Proposal is submitted jointly by two or more participants, such participants shall allocate the prize between themselves, and any disputes arise between them shall not have anything to do with Beijing 2022. Beijing 2022 shall award the prize after deducting tax according to the law to the designated account of the participant(s) after receiving all qualified documents submitted by the participant(s) winning the prize.
How to apply?
1. The sealed Design Proposal must be delivered in person or mailed to the Mascots Design Request Office of Beijing 2022 before the deadline for receiving Design Proposals. Beijing 2022 assumes no responsibility for whether or not the Design Proposal is successfully delivered on time.
The starting time and the deadline for the receiving of the Design Proposal (by the time of reaching the recipient at the address designated by Beijing 2022):
Starting time: 9:00 am, October 20, 2018 (Beijing Time)
Deadline: 5:00 pm, October 31, 2018 (Beijing Time)
Address: No. 68, Shijingshan Road., Shijingshan District, Beijing, PRC
Addressee: Mascots Design Request Office, Beijing 2022
In case any change is made to the above address or any other information, Beijing 2022 will provide updates on its official website. The Participants shall pay attention to related information from time to time.
2. Any Design Proposal received by Beijing 2022 after the submission deadline will not be accepted. Beijing 2022 will conduct formal review of all Design Proposals starting from November 1, 2018 (Beijing Time).
Please visit the official website for more information.