LUIS VALTUEÑA INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION – CONDUCTED BY Doctors of the World Spain (Médicos del Mundo España).
The photographs must narrate or tell a story related to these topics: humanitarian action, international cooperation, social exclusion, human rights violations, armed conflicts, natural disasters, refugee and immigrant populations or socially excluded groups.
- The competition is open to adult amateur and professional photographers of any nationality;
- Each participant will be allowed to submit a maximum of ten photographs, which can be different or part of a series;
- Only photos taken between January 1, 2017 and October 30, 2018, which have not been previously awarded, will be accepted;
- Photos must be submitted in digital format;
- Photographs must be sent in *JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 ppi/ppp, all high quality (12) compressed images with an Adobe RGB or SRGB color profile;
- The images must have a minimum size of 40 cms on their smallest side;
- The digital image’s original structure can only be manipulated through darkroom techniques such as adjusting the brightness, contrast and color, underexposure and overexposure. No other change to the original digital image will be allowed.
The winner will receive a project grant of 6,000 EUR to develop a photography project composed of at least 50 photos and a 30 minute video shoot related to the work of Médicos del Mundo-Spain, whether in Spain or in other countries where the organization is undertaking humanitarian action or international cooperation programs.
How to apply?
The images will be sent by E-mail to: [email protected] with the subject line: XXII PREMIO LUIS VALTUEÑA + entrant’s name and surname.
For more information, please visit the official web page.