Leaders for Health Equity (LHE) is a one year, non-residential fellowship program offered by the George Washington University through the generosity of the Atlantic Philanthropies.
To develop global leaders who understand the foundations of health inequity and have the knowledge, skills, and courage to build more equitable health systems and organizations.
The LHE program will:
- blend in-person and online learning to build comprehensive knowledge of national and international health disparities;
- enhance fellows’ capability to address these disparities through conversations with content experts and visits to programs and institutions pioneering positive change;
- provide personalized leadership training curriculum that emphasizes practical approaches to creating change.
- Know Disparities
Develop comprehensive knowledge of organ fundamental issues related to health disparities, racism, and inequity of opportunity in the health workforce.
- Combat Inequity
Study and apply strategic interventions to address inequities in health and health career opportunities that confront organizations, communities, and societies.
- Build Leaders
Build and leverage individual leadership skills to enhance personal effectiveness leading change in organizations and communities.
- Create a Network
Catalyze the growth of an international network of leaders, working in a broad array of organizations, committed to workforce equity in those organizations and the society beyond.
- Fellows will be selected from the United States and low and middle-income countries based on a demonstrated prior commitment to health equity and leadership potential;
- Fellows must also be actively working in a field related to health;
- The program will build and support a linked group of global multidisciplinary leaders equipped with the technical knowledge, skills, and network to advance health equity in their communities, institutions, and professional circles;
- The program will select 20 U.S. and global fellows per year.
All educational experiences and travel expenses related to participation in the fellowship will be covered by the program.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
All completed applications must be submitted by August 1, 2018, at 11:59 EST
If you have any questions while completing the application, please contact Selam Bedada.
For more information please visit the official website.