This global award comes as an expression of the firm faith of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain, in young people’s potential to lead their countries and the world towards a better shared future of peace and prosperity for all people on a healthy and renewable planet, as envisioned by the world’s most ambitious plan to transform our world – The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The King Hamad Award has two categories, One group targeting individuals. It recognizes youth contribution to achievements of the sustainable development goals. The Second group recognizes enablers of youth participation action and impact for SDGs achievement.
All 8 winners will be informed of their selection by January 2019.
- The King Hamad Youth Empowerment Award in the youth action category is worth $20,000
- The NGOs/Foundations in the Youth Enablers category is worth $25,000, to be submitted as a one-time grant in full after the awarding ceremony.
- All winners of the King Hamad Youth Award will be invited to attend the awards presentation will take place in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Flights and accommodation will be paid by MYS for each of the 8 winners.
This first category is open to applicants from all UN member states. Applicants could be:
- Individual youth above the age of 15 years and below the age of 30 years
- A youth-led entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 50% of current management/leadership is below the age of 30)
- A youth-focused entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 90% of resources serve youth above 15 and below 30 years of age).\
The Second category is open to entities that are legally recognized and registered in a UN member state, in one of the following four sectors:
- The governmental and public sector;
- The private sector;
- The media.
Eligible Regions: Open for All