The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) invites applications for its Fourth Writing Semester, which will run from 4 February to 31 May 2019.
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection and academic community-building amidst the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg.
- Fellowships are open to any field of expertise;
- Previous Writing Fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists.
Each Writing Fellow will receive:
- Accommodation in the private residential suites at JIAS;
- Daily breakfast and lunch;
- Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg;
- Monthly stipend.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please submit:
- a two-page proposal;
- a comprehensive CV;
- and the names and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official web page.