Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for scholarships from Nepali nationals enrolled in Bachelor 1styr / 1st semester of under graduate courses in recognized educational institutions in Nepal, during the academic year 2017-18. The scholarships will be awarded under the scheme for medical (5 year course), Engineering (4 year course) and other disciplines (3 year course) for B.Sc., BA, BBS, B.Com, BBA:-
Candidate must be a Nepali Citizen and should have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate at the Intermediate (+2) level / Class 12th and family income of the candidate must be less than Nrs. 2,00,000/= per annum.
Note: Those who are receiving scholarship from any other institution are not eligible to apply. (Please do not include Class XI marks).
2. Age Limit:
Applicants should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
3. Scholarship Amount:
Selected students in medical/engineering disciplines will get a scholarship of Nrs. 4,000/= per month. The scholarship for students in other disciplines will be Nrs. 3,000/= per month. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardees falls below 50% in each subsequent year or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
4. Selection Process:
- Selection will be based on merit for the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in paragraph 1&2 above. If necessary, candidates will be interviewed at Kathmandu, Birgunj and Biratnagar in Nepal.
- Candidates are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu, CGI Birgunj and Camp Office Biratnagar for the scholarship scheme. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/e-mail address clearly in online Application Form. Any change in address/telephone number should be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate’s signature.
- Children of retired/serving Nepali soldiers in Indian Army if selected, are required to furnish a certificate to this effect that he /she is a child of serving /ex-serviceman personnel of Indian Army and a downloaded copy of online application from should be submit through Asstt. Military Attaché (Welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- Filling up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in absence of documents as mentioned in the ‘documents required’ column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidature/scholarship and no further claim will entertained.
- Selected candidates should submit copy of first year pass mark sheet in the month of January only (2019) for release of 2nd Installment (for second year) failing which the scholarship may be terminated.