Calling all passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive 18-23 year old social entrepreneurs, community organisers, activists, volunteers and campaigners who are working towards attaining the Sustainable Development Goals – we want you! Share your work with us by applying to the summit and have a chance to be selected as a Global Changemaker and attend the fully funded Global Youth Summit 2019.
The GYS2019 will take place from 14 to 20 July in Zurich, Switzerland with support from the Mercator Foundation Switzerland. We will invite 60 exceptional Changemakers aged 18-23 to join us for a life-changing week of learning, networking and fun alongside the world’s most inspiring young leaders like you. As one of the 2019 Global Changemakers you will join our network of over 1000 young changemakers working to make a difference in over 180 countries and be eligible to apply for grant funding to launch or scale your projects.
Who is eligible?
We are looking for interesting, enthusiastic, determined and motivated young social entrepreneurs, community organisers, activists, volunteers and campaigners who are working towards attaining the SDGs across the globe. Young people who are passionate about making the world a better place, have taken steps to realise this vision and plan to continue their work are highly encouraged to apply. Participants should be between 18 and 23 years oldat the time of the summit (those born between 14 July, 1995 and 20 July, 2001) and may be from any country.
- Step one: Record and upload your two-minute application video
- Due to the high number of applications they receive each year, they only use the application videos during the first round of selection, they therefore ask that you read the video instructions before you begin. The written answers in the application form will be used for the second and the final selection rounds.
- Video instruction and upload option can be found in the apply now link.
- Once your have made and uploaded your video, keep the link to add to your application form.
- Step two: Pay your 35USD application fee
- The application fee is 35USD and can be paid using PayPal, Western Union or credit/debit card.
- Please keep your PayPal transaction ID/ card payment order number/ Western Union money transaction number to add to your application form.
- The application fees payment option can be found in the Apply Now link.
- The application fee constitutes less than 0.5% of the average cost of bringing a participant to the summit. By charging an application fee, they hope that those applying are truly committed to participating at the summit and to becoming an active member of the Global Changemakers network thereafter.
- Check the Application FAQ section from the Apply Now link if you have any questions about the application fee.
- Step three: Complete your written application
- Please note, your application is not complete until you submit the application form.
- If you do not submit your application form before the deadline, your application will not be considered.
- Applications close at midnight Central European Time (GMT+1) on 7 February 2019.
- The application form cannot be saved to continue later, so they suggest that you create an offline copy of your answers in case you are interrupted whilst completing your application.
- The application form and application question section can be found in the Apply Now link.
- Step four: Submit your application
- Only once you submit your written application form, including the link to your application video and proof of payment of the application fee, will your application be complete and sent to our selection team for consideration.
- Please note, you will receive a confirmation email when you submit your form. If not, please check your spam folder. If you have still not received the email, you have made a mistake when you provided your email address or provided an invalid email address. In this case, please contact us to correct this.
- Step five: Selection Results announced
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed of the selection results via email.
- Please ensure that ‘[email protected]’ is added to your email providers “Safe Sender” list so that your email does not end up in your spam folder.
- Check the Application FAQ section from the Apply Now link if you have any questions.
- The selection results will also be announced on their social media channels.
- Applications that do not include a two-minute application video or proof of payment of your application fee will unfortunately not be considered.