Entries are open for the Global Student Challenge 2018, a Supply Chain international student competition. The Challenge aims to bridge the gap between the academic world and the corporate sector and addresses the need for knowledge and product development in the area of Supply Chain Management (SCM).
Every year the Challenge pits teams from business schools and universities from across the globe against each other in a search for world’s Top Talent in Supply Chain Management. The Challenge is to run your own virtual company, The Fresh Connection, with a team of 4 students. The Fresh Connection is a manufacturer of fruit juices and is delivering to retail channels. As the company is suffering severe losses, a new management team (you and your team!) has been appointed to make the company profitable again by making strategic and tactical decisions.
All participants become candidates in this unique talent platform! The Talent Connection facilitates students and companies in finding the perfect match for both internship and job opportunities. By participating in the Challenge, students are assessed based on their performance, skills and capabilities, which create a unique profile of each student.
- Qualification Phase: All teams get to experience the world’s best Supply Chain business simulation for free while qualifying for the next phase.
- Regional Finals: Qualified teams get to show off their skills and battle to become the top team of their time-zone and compete for a guaranteed spot in the Global Final Week in the Netherlands
- Global Finals: The Global Final will take place in the Netherlands. The best performing teams, including their teachers will be invited for a spectacular week of activities and networking, and will battle for a total of €20,000 in cash prizes
The Global Finals
The Global Final is a week full of activities and excitement! This year for the first time, the two tracks of the Global Student Challenge come together, as teams get to experience both The Fresh Connection and The Cool Connection! Unexpected turns of events will make the battle fierce as teams from both tracks are competing for €20,000 in cash prizes and the coveted Global Champion title!
The finalists will consist of:
- The top team from each of the online Regional Finals of the 3 time-zones (North & South America, Europe & Africa, and Asia Pacific).
- The top team from each of the Regional Final physical events.
- The top team of the 5 top performing countries, globally.
- 5 wild cards.
The Global Student Challenge, powered by The Fresh Connection is so much more than just an international student competition!
- International Recognition: Students and teachers from numerus countries and nationalities interact with each other, share their culture and take back to their countries unforgettable experiences that last a lifetime. Networking is all about connecting with people. But then again, isn’t that what life is about?
- Accommodation, meals and transportation once at the Global Final are fully taken care of so you can just relax, enjoy the week, and focus on the competition.
- The flight tickets to the Global Final will be covered for the top team of each of these 3 online Regional Finals: North & South America, Europe & Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Your team must meet all following requirements:
- 4 student members and an endorsing teacher from the same educational institution.
- You and your teammates must be full-time students (bachelor level and higher, incl. MBA).
- Your graduation date must not be earlier than the end of your Qualification Period.
- All participants agree to join The Talent Connection, which is the talent program of the Global Student Challenge.
- There is no more than one past Global Finalist per team.
- The students and the teacher need to provide a university email address during registration.
- Each member can only register once for each track of this year’s Challenge.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
For More Details click here