The sixth edition of the Council of Europe’s World Forum for Democracy will engage with decision-makers, young people and opinion-formers to review novel initiatives and approaches which can enhance democratic practices and help parties and media, but also other political actors, to re-connect to citizens, make informed choices and function optimally in 21st century democracy.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant.
receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe (arrival on Sunday 5th November and departure on Saturday 11th November).
- Be aged 16-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be resident in Europe; 15 places will be made available for participants from other regions outside the European continent;
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to populism and its effects on society;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of populism;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the
preparation process beforehand.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2017
For more information, click here.