Deadline: 6 April 2018
Open to: any young woman born within 1995-2001
Venue: 15-19 October 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
G(irls)20 is coming to Argentina for the 9th annual Global Summit. 20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Buenos Aires for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contribute the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make a change as a community and global advocates!
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
The week-long summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills — from Emotional Intelligence to Strategic Planning;
- Panels and speeches on the key issues facing girls and women globally — with an emphasis on digital inclusion and financial inclusion;
- Developing a Communiqué to G20 leaders, with recommendations based on the delegates unique experience and expertise;
- Networking receptions with movers and shakers in the public and private sectors;
- Building a network of female mentors from the across the public and private sectors;
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 20+ young female leaders from around the world.
The Summit will be held in October 15-19, 2018. (Delegates to arrive October 14th). The Summit will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Six weeks later, the G20 leaders will also meet in Buenos Aires to hold the annual G20 Summit.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Any young woman born within 1995-2001;
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport;
- Lives in and/or hold citizenship in any of the G20 member countries or additional participating regions (the Middle East and North Africa, African Union, South America).
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Buenos Aires from their nearest major city;
- Transportation to and from the airport in Buenos Aires;
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate;
- All meals during the week;
- Travel insurance;
- Costs associated with travel visas.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
What you need to apply:
⦁ A photo of your passport. If you do not currently hold a passport please submit a photo of your government-issued ID. Note that all successful candidates are responsible for obtaining their valid passport;
⦁ A high-resolution headshot;
⦁ A completed Letter of Reference and Letter of Commitment.
For more information, please visit the official web page.