Center for Digital Society is a research center established by the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta. The institution is created under the concern over the impeccable influence of information technology on the contemporary dynamics of society and politics. The phenomenon triggers new patterns and complexities in the society, and thus requires new approaches in managing such complexities.
CfDS pledged to delve more into the study of contemporary digital society, including related issues surrounding the topic; such as the issues of smart city and urban development. The emphasis is then put on the utilization of technology to shape the society in becoming digitized, as well as to bring solvency to social issues.
Center for Digital Society aims to expand its collaborative research scope by inviting early career scholars to conduct research related to digital society issues. They are looking to work with scholars from all disciplines to take part in their research environment in this fellowship program.
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Position: Visiting Researcher
Conduct research related to the given topics
Contribute to CfDS collective research and academic activities (discussion, dissemination, etc.)
Theme and topics:
The general theme is related to one of their main research themes, that is: The Future Technology and Society. Higher preferences will be given to candidates who are focusing their research on analyzing the social dimension sector of the following research topics:
- Big data and digital society
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital society
- Cloud computing and digital society
- Cybersecurity and digital society
– Applicants are open to early career researchers (non-Indonesian nationality) who:
are currently pursuing their master’s degree (preferably undergoing thesis with a corresponding theme to the topics given), or have received their master’s degree in
– Fluency in English;
– Committed and willing to take part in Center for Digital Society research.
- An all-inclusive and fixed monthly stipend research grant;
- Opportunity to have their research published in books or journals;
- Networks with public and private stakeholders.
How to apply?
Find more info about the application procedure and qualification for acceptance by reading the open call.
For more information please visit the official website.