UN-Habitat is the United Nations programme working towards a better urban future. Its mission is to promote socially and environmentally sustainable human settlements development and the achievement of adequate shelter for all.
The UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award was launched in 1989 and is one of the most prestigious human settlements award in the world. It aims to acknowledge initiatives which have made outstanding contributions in the field of human settlements, provision of housing, highlighting the plight of people living in poverty or who have been displaced, developing and improving human settlements and the quality of urban life to leave no one behind echoing the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 with emphasis on Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
The award, a plaque engraved with the name of the winner, will be presented during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on 1 October 2018.
The deadline for submitting entries for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award for this year is 28 August 2018.
- Get one of the most prestigious human settlements award in the world.
- The award, a plaque engraved with the name of the winner, will be presented during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on 1 October 2018.
- Visit the official website for more details.
- Individuals, organizations, projects and any Habitat Agenda partner can be nominated for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour.
- These include:
- Government and inter-governmental organizations or agencies, including bilateral aid agencies
- Cities, local authorities or their associations
- Civil society organizations
- The private sector
- National Habitat Committees or focal points
- Research and academic institutions
- Public or private foundations
- Multilateral agencies (United Nations Agencies, World Bank, etc.)
- The media
Eligible Regions: Open for All.