Please note: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS is a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTP Scholarships are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTP Scholarship is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTP Scholarships are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree.
- The AGRTP Scholarship pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $27,082 (2018 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An AGRTP Scholarship student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification.
- Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
- Please see the conditions of award for full eligibility criteria in the official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for All