The Asia Union Leaders Summit 2018 is an international program designed for high school, college, and university youth to meaningfully tackle emerging leadership challenges the region is facing. It is modeled after the U.S. Congress and Law Making and adaptive leadership courses at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government; it uses Stanford’s design thinking approach and is influenced by the Model UN Simulation. The evolution of The Asia Union Leaders Summit is grounded on the learnings from the past three Trilateral Leadership Summit (TLS) programs, as well as the Asia Union Leaders Summit in 2017, which our Center has organized in response to the changing geopolitical and socioeconomic landscape of Asia.
Through the program, participants will:
- Increase leadership capacity and skills in public speaking, conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Explore interdisciplinary frameworks for analyzing the current intra-regional challenges from big-picture and grassroots perspectives, and identify collaborative accelerators and inhibitors
- Build analytical and behavioral skills, and develop tools to foster and sustain an entrepreneurial and cross-cultural approach to the problem
- Learn fundamental concepts and gain fresh insights on problem-solving strategy.
- Understand the difference in culture and crisis-management practices from the perspective of diverse nations and regions.
- Connect with and develop a strong network of high achieving peers from different countries, interests, and schools.
- Receive mentorship from Teaching Fellows from Harvard and other leading universities
Open to students aged 14-18 years (students over 18 will be accepted on a case by case basis) from Asia and United States.
All participants must:
Before the conference
- Successfully complete the application (to include link when ready)
- Submit deposit final payments on time
- If you are not a citizen of South Korea, have a valid passport that expires after Feb. 24, 2019
- Prepare all necessary documents such as your travel visa.
- Complete all necessary program readings and assignments.
During the conference
- Attend all official meetings and programs
- Positively represent their country, their school, and themselves by treating fellow delegates with humility, respect, and dignity
- Actively participate as a productive member of the group
Eligible Regions: Asian Countries, United States