The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia. The bank admits the members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP, formerly the Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East or ECAFE) and non-regional developed countries. The ADB was modeled closely on the World Bank.
The topic of this internship: “Innovative financial products for women startups and entrepreneurs in Asia and the Pacific (including digital finance/FinTech).”
The research entails a review of the financial services and products for women startups, entrepreneurs, and women-led enterprises and the identification of needs, success factors, and business potentials for ADB’s sovereign and nonsovereign operations. Experience with commercial banks, women-only banks, and other financial institutions, and international financial institutions such as the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation will be reviewed.
- ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors but without stipend.
- Gained knowledge by ADB staff on the current situation of financial products and services targeted at women startups and entrepreneurs through a Gender Equity Thematic Group – Finance Sector Group joint seminar.
- Working paper to be published on ADB’s website and Facebook.
- A blog produced on the topic on ADB Blog
- Master’s degree student in business administration, finance, economics, development studies with gender or women’s study as a minor, (or vice versa)
- Prior work experience in banks and private financial institutions would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills and proactive stakeholder engagement
- For more information please check their official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for All