Giving Children Hope is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to alleviating poverty (domestically and abroad) through disaster relief, health and community development, vocational training and advocacy.
The Accounting Intern will work with the accounting and bookkeeping departments in learning practical on the job training of accounting systems as well as work to assist in streamlining the financial systems. This person will assist in analyzing the cost of programs and includes the gathering of cost of data and creation of cost worksheets and reports on Excel and Word.
- This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in gaining valuable practical experience that can be applied to either the public or private sector
- If candidate is interested in receiving credit the organization is also ok to work with his/her college or university
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of accounting
- Ability to analyze financial data and perform moderately complex statistical and cost functions
- Good inter-personal skills
- Quick Books experience is a plus, but not a necessity
- Someone willing to work as a team
- Junior/ Senior in College OR Recent College Graduate
Eligible Regions: Open for all.