- Winners will be featured in the April 2019 issue of Pastel Journal.
- First Prize, Pastel Journal Founder’s Award in memory of Maggie Price
- $5,000 CASH
- Second Prize, Pastel Journal Award of Excellence
- $2,500 CASH
- Third Prize, Ruth Richeson Pastel GOLD Award
- Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $2,000
- Fourth Prize, Richeson Pastel SILVER Award
- Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,500
- Fifth Prize, Richeson Pastel BRONZE Award
- Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,000
- All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner.
- For publication in Watercolor Artist, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches, ideally, and 5×7 inches at minimum.
- Work must be at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel. Nupastels and other “harder” pastels are considered soft pastels.
- Due to SEC restrictions, we are unable to accept entries from Syria, Iran, Sudan or North Korea.
Eligible Regions: Open for All except Syria, Iran, Sudan or North Korea.