Entries are open for the Women Leaders in Global Health Challenge Contest. This open challenge is aimed to increase applications from women scientists to TDR’s mid-career clinical research and development fellowship. The contest builds upon TDR Global 3-month mobilization on gender equity in health research.
The fellowship is designed for scientists from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to work with pharmaceutical, research institute or product development partners for one year to learn about clinical research. The experience can help to build the global health leaders of tomorrow.
While women who apply for a mid-career fellowship from WHO/TDR are just as likely as men to receive it, women have been less likely to apply. How do YOU think we can change this and develop feasible ways to increase women’s participation in this fellowship? For example, they are looking for creative ideas to make the research year more flexible or spur more women to apply.
Individuals who submit exceptional ideas will be supported to join the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in London this November. But more importantly, selected ideas deemed feasible by WHO/TDR will be implemented to increase women’s participation in the fellowship.
Contest partners include TDR, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, SESH, and the Women Leaders in Global Health Conference 2018.
- At least 3 semi-finalists will be supported (registration, travel, hotel, per diem) to join and present their ideas at the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in November 2018;
- Selected finalists will have their idea implemented to increase women’s participation in this fellowship.
- The contest is open to anyone from any location;
- Ideas from women in low- and middle-income countries are particularly encouraged, but a review will be blinded so that judges do not know who submitted each one;
- All ideas will be evaluated without regard to the gender identity of the individual who submitted them;
- Submissions must be written in English and less than 500 words. Submissions with figures have a 450 words limit.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.