Applications are open from now until
February 20, 2019
Our first project is with MICROSOFT on the future of work. In general, our projects are short-term and fit around busy work and school schedules. You can be based anywhere in the world. In fact, diversity is what we are known for. We work on projects for Fortune 100 companies, Governments, NGOs, and sometimes we launch our own initiatives.
Sample Questions that our company and young innovators have worked on:
What is the future of the internet and how do we bring this to the next 1.5 billion people worldwide?
What does a workplace look like where the entire team is working virtually?
How do we transform our company for the Millennial generation?
How can we attract the next generation to travel to this destination?
How can we redesign our company’s products to be focused on social impact.
Co-create a new consumer health snack.
Co-design a new consumer digital product.
Co-design a new consumer marketing campaign aimed at 16-30 year olds.
You will gain the following experience:
- Hands on Professional Experience
- Collaborative Skills
- Cross-culture Communication Skills
- Adaptive Thinking
- Design Thinking and Creative Processing Skills
- Innovation Practices
- Team Work with a Global and Virtual Team
- Global Mindset
- 16-30 years old.
- Have strong conversational understanding of English.
- Can be based anywhere in the world.
- Must have access to the internet.
Who will participate?
Are you a “Young Innovator?” That’s what we call our group of next generation youth leaders. As a member of this community you will:
- connect with other young leaders who are doing amazing things around the world,
- participate in trainings to develop new 21st century workplace skills, and
- design new ideas for Microsoft in collaboration with your peers.
What are the requirements to participate?
- Applicants must be between 16 and 20 years old
- Must be able to dedicate a total of 10 hours of your time during two “Think Tank” sprints. You will get to spend about 5 hours collaborating with your peers in the first Think Tank, open February 28 – March 4, 2019, and another 5 hours in the second Think Tank, open March 28 – April 2, 2019.** Hours are somewhat flexible and can work around time zones, jobs, or school
- Must make yourself available for a Skype Interview during recruitment if necessary
- Must have reliable access to internet connectivity while participating.
All participants are required to sign an NDA. If you are between 16-18 years old, you will need parental agreement to participate.
*If you don’t think you will be available for 5h during the Think Tank running dates, please don’t apply.
Benefits of joining Young Innovators for the Future of Work Project
- Meet peers globally and participate in community building activities
- Access to Future of Work skill building trainings
- Option to remain in our network of global young innovators and participate in other projects
- Credential building for Resumes/Linkedin profiles
- An $80 stipend upon completion of the project. In addition, there will be an additional bonus available for top participants. This will be outlined in more detail if you are selected for the project.