The Accountability Incubator is Accountability Lab’s flagship initiative to provide passionate young leaders with catalytic support to develop and implement low-cost, high-impact solutions for accountability in their communities.
Our team provides 2 years of hands-on training, mentoring, networking, media outreach and management support to pilot these ideas. Participants will also have access to an accountability innovation fund to support their work.
We’re looking for the biggest and best cohort of participants (or “accountapreneurs”) with innovative ideas for strengthening open government, civic participation, anti-corruption, accountability, and integrity.
- Be under the age of 35 at the time of application;
- Be a national of and based in either Liberia, Mali, Nepal or Pakistan;
- Be willing and able to commit to at least 3 days of training every 3 months in the capital city of your country;
- Be committed to working on your idea for at least 20 hours a week until it grows to the point where it is a full-time commitment;
- Be dedicated, energetic and willing to help build an emerging global eco-system for accountability.
For our 2018/19 incubator, we are looking for the very best ideas around the following issues:
Liberia: natural resource management, specifically issues related to the accountability of mining processes;
Mali: open government, accountability, justice, elections, and SDG16;
Nepal: decentralization, local governance, feedback loops and the accountability of service delivery;
Pakistan: technology for accountability or elections, ICTs to improve service delivery, ideas related to big data, and technologies to achieve SDG16.
to apply click here