The 9th Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health and Rights (APCRSHR9) will be organized from 27th to 30th November 2017 in Vietnam, and will be hosted by Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA). The first day of the conference is Youth conference. The theme of the 9th APCRHR is: “Leave NO ONE Behind! – Justice in Sexual and Reproductive Health”, Youth Conference plays an important role to gather young people regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression (SOGIE) in not only Asia Pacific but also across the world who are working and interested in field of Reproductive and Sexual Health and Rights to strengthen their voice, exchange the knowledge and take actions for their justice and rights to sexual and reproductive health issues.. Furthermore, the youth conference becomes an opportunity to promote meaningful participation to address the SRHR challenges and inequity among young people by cross learning from their peers best practice and practical action in the conference and in their own countries when they come back.
- The youth should be between the ages of 15 to 24; and living and/or working in Asia Pacific.
- Has a significant contribution or involvement in youth programmes and relevant SRH activities in his/her country as reflected in the essay submitted?
- You have a working knowledge of English.
- You have experience working with issues of sexual and reproductive health in any capacity and you are passionate about the sexual and reproductive rights of young people.
- You have a good social network of other young people and have leadership potential
- You have good communication skills and know how to use the Internet and smart phones for Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- You can demonstrate how you will use what you learn at the Conference in your work and how you will continue to participate in follow-up activities.
- First time participation in the APCRSHR is a plus.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
For more information, click here.