Deadline: January 31, 2017
How does corruption and malpractice affect water and wastewater management? What does integrity in wastewater management mean? How can we visualize it?
Water integrity is the strongest counterforce to corruption in the water sector and a fundamental aspect of improved water governance.
We are facing an unprecedented water crisis that is threatening our lives and environment. This crisis is aggravated by corruption and poor governance.
Water integrity is an essential part of the solution for more sustainability in the water sector.
Clean water needs clean governance. Clean water needs integrity.
Water integrity implies honesty. It is based on the three pillars of Transparency, Accountability and Participation (TAP) and aims for equity and sustainability. It can be promoted and enhanced to improve governance and address all major risks of corruption in water.
Your photos could have the power to reflect how increased water integrity can change the water sector and improve lives.
Find out more about the dynamics of water integrity and why it is crucial to the equity, effectiveness and sustainability of water sector developments.
Winners will be awarded with a 1000 USD voucher for photo equipment. Our jury of water and media specialists will select the winning photo. Winners will be announced on World Water Day 2017, 22 March 2017. All shortlisted photos will be displayed on the WIN website.
The competition is open to general public, however WIN staff and members, or their relatives may not apply.
Photos will be scored and shortlisted by WIN, according to the following criteria:
- Submission in eligible formats (JPEG/GIF/BMP) before deadline
- Submission of signed Terms and Conditions form
- Inclusion of a coherent caption
- Thematic relevance
- Technical quality of the photo (resolution, color-balance, sharp/soft focus)
A jury of water and media specialists will then select the winning photo and runners up, bearing in mind the following qualities:
Balance: the photo holds the viewers’ attention and shows a consistent focus
Message: the photo clearly identifies a subject which relates to either positive actions for water integrity or the negative impacts of corruption (exclusive of the caption) Aesthetic
Quality: the photo shows a good focus of the subject
Caption: the caption explains the circumstances in which the photo was taken and/or its relevance to water integrity
Anonymity of the photographers will be observed during the final selection process
Terms and conditions:
1. Each participant may submit up to a maximum of 2 photographs, in digital formats (JPEG/GIF/BMP).
2. Each photo must be accompanied with a short conceptualization caption (up to max. 30 words)
3. By entering the competition, the participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work created solely by the participant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
4. By entering the competition, the participant assumes, privately, personally and exclusively, all civil/criminal liability related to people, animals and/or objects depicted in their work, resulting from the concept, creation and marketing of their image and releases any such liabilities from the Water Integrity Network, its institutional partners and any other publishing or marketing body related to the promotion of the competition
5. By entering the competition, the shortlisted participant grants permission to the Water Integrity Network (WIN) to utilize and reproduce their photos at any such time and for any such non-commercial means as it desires, without any limitation on space, timeframe, language, quantity of copies and quantity of usage, by way of the media, formats and channels which it has approved including but not limited to: newspapers, internet, media in general, reports, books, posters, banners, in whichever venue, conference, seminar, national or international display, or by other materials and media of any nature, provided that the photos are correctly credited to their photographer (the participant).
6. All participants authorize the Water Integrity Network to use their image, name and personal details in photos and advertising spots and by whichever type of media and promotional material, for publicizing the results of the competition.
To participate, please submit your photo with captions and the signed Terms and Conditions form, before 23:59 CET on 31 January 2017 to email@example.com