Deadline: December 5, 2016
Science and technology are the inevitable factors for the development and advancement of a nation in today’s time frame. The advancement in the areas brings not only the economic development of the country but also raise the people’s living standard, education system and the health facilities. Many times, developmental and management problems are due to lack of enough focus in science and technology. To promote science education in creative and competitive ways, Nepal Science Olympiad has been established. CALL FOR APPLICATION in the SCIENCE OLYMPIAD CONTEST 2016.
NeSO executive board has decided that from this time the question paper will have two sections: Section A will have questions of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and everybody will have to answer all the questions of section A. Further there will be section B, it will have two optional parts – Biological sciences and Physical sciences. +2 science students of both biological sciences and physical sciences can participate in the SCIENCE OLYMPIAD CONTEST 2016.
- Certificates will be awarded for the eligible students for tier II.
- Top three students of tier II will be awarded certificates with attractive prizes
Rules and Regulation:
1. To participate in the competition you should be enrolled in the +2 or its equivalent level.
2. You will be entertained in the competition only after registration made.
3. The information provided by you via the form is true in every term. If found incorrect at any stage of the competition then his / her candidacy can be cancelled.
4. If required, candidate must provide all the original testimonials.
Tier I: Anyone who fulfills the above criteria can participate in the tier I competition by registering their name.
Tier II: The top 40 candidates from tier I will be selected for the second tier.
1. The Olympiad competition takes place in two phases: Tier I and Tier II.
2. Tier I test format is the multiple objective type which covers the basic aptitude question relating to the science of +2 or equivalents for which :
a. The time allocated for the test duration is 1 hour and 30 minutes with the total score of 150. (Physics – 40, Mathematics – 40, Chemistry – 35 and Biology – 35)
b. Each question is credited with 1 score.
c. There is negative marking of 0.25 point for each wrong answer.
3. Tier II test format includes the multiple objective type as well as subjective types questions.
Download Application Form
For more details click here.