Deadline: November 30, 2016
Students worldwide can now apply for our 2017 Ambassadors’ program for the *ship, the startup festival 2017 in kotka, finland. *ship- The Startup Festival is Southeast Finland’s biggest startup event. It aims to connect the next-generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. Every year, accelerators, early-stage startups, investors, mentors, students and other entrepreneurial-minded champions get together at *ship to celebrate entrepreneurship! Our network spans 100+ startups and mentors across the globe.
At the event, startups compete for various prizes, receive 1-on-1 mentoring and connect with young leaders, influencers and innovators from the field. *ship is an experience like no other. The setting is extremely open where people support each other and succeed together. This is the experience we want to give and nurture. *ship 2017 will be held on July 11-13th during Tall Ships Races and maritime festival in Kotka, Finland.
About the role
*ship 2017 takes place in the second week of July in the city of Kotka, during the Tall Ships Race and Kotka Maritime Festival, Finland’s biggest city festivals. We are looking for people who share our spirit and passion so that we can make *ship a memorable event and good learning experience for all.
As an ambassador, you will help us promote *ship within your relevant networks, with the goal of increasing the number of people involved and engaged in *ship 2017. You will also have the opportunity to earn a summer of your dreams; a three-month paid internship in Kotka, Finland.
- Able to commit 5-hours to *ship per week, December 2016 – March 2017
- University student or recent graduate
- Field of study preferably in business, computer science, design, fine arts, information technology, or relevant work experience
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills
- You have the ability to work both independently and as part of an international team.
- You have experience abroad and display a high level of cross-cultural proficiency.
- You strongly identify with our guiding principles and share our vision.
- You have motivation and willingness to learn new skills and leave your comfort zone.
- You have a positive work attitude and a great team spirit!
Some ways you will be asked to contribute
- Set up meetings with faculty members to discuss *ship 2017 and the University’s possible involvement in it
- Target relevant student clubs on campus and offer to do information sessions at their meetings
- Organize promo events for *ship 2017
- Spread the word on your personal and organizational networks
- Generate promo content, in the form of blogs, photos and videos
What’s in it for you?
- Join our international community of change-makers. Together we can make a difference!
- All successful ambassadors will receive a formal invitation to *ship 2017
- The top 10 ambassadors will earn a three-month paid internship in Kotka, Finland – flight and accommodation covered for international interns
- Certificate of Merit and recommendation letter
Deadline is 11pm (GMT+3), November 30, 2016, but don’t wait the last minute to apply. They are accepting applicants on a rolling basis.
For more details, click here