Deadline: November 27, 2016
Location: Tokyo, Japan.
Date: March 12 -19, 2017.
Funding: Fully Funded.
Open to: young people between 18 and 28 years old from all over the world.
We founded the International Development Youth Forum, in 2013, to provide the chance for youths with the interest in international development to meet each other, to know the situation in other countries, to share different ideas, and to create output for better society together. Through such experiences, we hope to establish special relationship that will continue in future.
In 2016, we designed our future by proposing innovative and local-oriented solutions for developing issues in the world. The forum focused especially on “Industrial Development vs Environmental Protection” as a theme, with 42 selected participants out of more than 1,000 applicants. Also, we invited professionals from various fields in which the valuable experience provided all participants with opportunities to build sustainable networks of future leaders in the field of international development and gain profound knowledge.
Despite of the great success in 2016, IDYF2017 will go beyond that of the previous forum by welcoming many highly motivated youths, who are willing to “design our future” with us in Tokyo, Japan.
We aim to create a better future based on diversified values and experiences of youth from both developed and developing countries. We aim to empower youth, who are to become the leaders of the future, by finding solutions to the problems of developing countries, through discussions with their peers from different backgrounds.
In the forum, participants will be divided into 6 teams and each team will analyze one of the case studies and plan solutions. Case studies are as follows
- Garment Industry in Bangladesh
- Soybean Industry in Brazil
- Cut Flowers Industry in Kenya
- Those who are around 18 to 28 years old
- Those who have not participated in previous IDYFs
- Fluency in English for discussion and presentation
- Must be able to attend all programs during the forum
- Active in discussion
- Open-minded with creative ideas and diversified values
- Eager to tackle development problems, using the experience of IDYF2017
If you are selected to participate in IDYF 2017, you will be required to pay 25,000 JPY, which covers your accommodation, meals, and transportation fees during the forum (March 12th to 19th 2017).
*It doesn’t include transportation fees from the airport to the venue, accommodation fee before and after the program, or insurance.
*Optional tour on 19th is not covered.
*Payment details will be announced after the results of the selection.
Self-funded and Scholarship Applicantions
IDYF 2017 has two separate application types, one for self-funded candidates, and another for scholarship candidates. Note that you cannot apply for both.
Scholarships will be given to only one to three applicants with financial difficulties, which will cover
- Flight tickets
- Participation fee
Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit the application form for scholarship applicants, not the one for the self-funded applicants. Those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
Please submit online application form by 27 November 2016, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC +09:00)
*Note that you cannot apply for both
Other Things to Note:
- The schedule of interview will be informed via email by December 6th, and the interview will be held from 7th to 11th, December.
- Successful applicants will be notified of their results on our website by December 18th. We will post the list of the applicants who passed our selection.
- If you are selected as a member of IDYF2017, we will send you an e-mail to confirm your participation in our forum. In case you didn’t pass this selection process, we will not send any information to you.
- Once you passed the selection, you cannot cancel your participation.
For more details, click here