Deadline: January 13, 2017
The Youth Ag-Summit is a week-long event that serves as a forum for young leaders to discuss opportunities, collaborate and find answers and solutions to the question “How do we feed a hungry planet?”
It provides young and hungry minds from around the world with the opportunity to attend the bi-annual Summit, expenses paid, through an essay contest. The long-term goal is to inspire these delegates to not just think, but to act becoming global instruments of change.
In the next 40 years, it is projected that the world population will grow from 7 to almost 10 billion. However, 1 billion people today still do not have enough safe and nutritious food to eat. Demand is rising while resources are dwindling. Solutions are strongly debated across rural, urban and international communities.
In September 2015, the world’s leaders came together to agree on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
In the context of “Feeding a hungry planet” and using your own village, town, city or country as your point of reference, tell us on which SDGs youth can have the most impact in the next one to five years, both at a local and global level.
You should explain how working on these SDGs youth can bring real change to agricultural or food chain practices, or personal and community behaviors, that could help feed 10 billion and create a more sustainable local and global society.
• Young people (aged 18-25) with a passion for sustainable agriculture, food security and safety
• ability to demonstrate your original ideas and your passion will be the key selection criteria for the Youth Ag-Summit
• Essays of 1,500 words (maximum)
• The Youth Ag-Summit is not about winning a prize. It rather serves as an international forum where young people from all over the world can exchange and discuss their ideas about the challenges in agriculture.
• You are invited to travel to Belgium from October 9-13, 2017 to gain valuable experience as well as an international network for the future. Your flight and transportation costs are covered by the Youth Ag-Summit organizers.
For more details and application, Click Here